Cleaning Breast Pump Accessories
Having been a nursing mom now for almost five years, I have always taken the time to properly sanitize the breast shields and other accessories for my breast pump. However, I've noticed from time-to-time that the valves and intricate pieces begin to collect grime that the boiling water does not remove. On a whim, I submerged the accessories into a deep bowl with white vinegar in it. I leave the accessories soaking overnight and the grime magically lifts. The accessories look almost brand new after I go through this process! I use the Medela Pump In Style Advanced and this process works well for my system. I hope this helps you to clean your gear.
To Clean Breast Shields and Accessories:
Good luck, mommies! I hope this post helps you. :)
- Pull Pieces and Parts Apart
- Fully Submerge Your Accessories In White Vinegar
- Let the Parts Soak Overnight
- Check Accessories;
- Rinse the Ones That Look Clean and Let the Others Soak Longer;
- Periodically Check Other Accessories;
- Rinse All Parts When They Are Fully Clean; and
- Sterilize Following Your Normal Procedures.