Skip to main content

Three Game-Changing Techniques to Make Your Coupons Work for You

Hello friends!

So, I have been researching this whole couponing thing lately...   I think I have figured some of it out.  This is NOT extreme couponing though.  This is the level of couponing that I can handle.  As a full-time professional, a mom, and a wife (who supports her husband's business), I do not really have the time to drive here, there, and everywhere to get something for "Free."  There are plenty of sites out there that will show you how to do this.  If you are looking for this, just go to YouTube and search, "Teach me how to Extreme Coupon."

Here's What I've Found Out During My Short Amount of Research:

Three Game-Changing Techniques to Make Your Coupons Work for You

1. You have to have an inventory of coupons.  You are not going to get great deals after one weekend of clipping coupons.  The best deals happen between two to four weeks after a coupon is publish.  (If you think about this, it makes sense.  The companies want to drive you toward making a purchasing decision.   They want you to clip the coupon and put the item in your cart only to get to the register having forgotten where you put the coupon.  Does this sound familiar?  I think I have done this a dozen times, at least, in my life.)  Coupons are everywhere; it is just that most of us tune them out.  Check for coupons in the Sunday paper, online (top producers are:  Coupons.com, Red Plum, and Smart Source), on products (stickies), on the shelf (blinkies), at the cash register (catalinas), on social media manufacturer sites, booklets, and mail delivered.  Collect as many as these as possible.  Even if you are not in a buying position at the moment, you may reconsider if you can get something at a fraction of its original price.

2. Coupons are stackable.  This means if you have a manufacturer's coupon that you
clipped out of the Sunday paper, you can also use a store coupon on top of it.  WOW!  I have no idea about this.  So, in the pictured deal, this is how it works out:  Wegmans sells Kraft Salad Dressing for $2.19 at my local store (check the Wegmans app for detail on your local prices--this app can save you valuable time inside of the store).  Then I have a manufacturer's coupon for $1.00 off of two (2) bottles.  So, it would be $4.38 for two bottles of the dressing minus (-) $1.00, which equals $3.38 for 2 bottles or $1.69 per bottle.  Then I have $0.50 off of one (1) bottle of Kraft dressing.  So, the total is now $2.88 for 2 bottles or $1.44 per bottle.  This is what I am going to purchase the dressing for, but I could even wait to see if I can find another $0.50 coupon for the other bottle to bring the total for both bottles to $2.38 or $1.19 per bottle.  (I received the $0.50 Wegmans coupon on the back of a receipt.  These types of coupons are called Catalinas or Check Out Coupons.)

3. The search term you are looking for is: Matchups.  When you go to your favorite search engine to look for what coupons will stack for a good deal and which ones won't, use the search term matchup.  Do you need diapers (like I constantly seem to) and have a bunch of different coupons for Huggies, Pampers, and Luvs?  Pick the brand you really want and type this in the search engine, "Coupon matchups for Huggies."  Then watch the results return.  This process will allow you to zero in on those products you really want, without having to look through every store's deals.    

Good luck and please let me know if these tips help you to save some time.  I'm gearing up for my weekly shopping trip tomorrow morning.  I'll let you know how it works out.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Relieve Your Toddler's Constipation; Here's How I Do It...

I feel your pain.  I know you haven't had any sleep for days, and you are worried about your little one.  You're thinking, "Will I have to resort to an enema again?"  Ugh! I get it. I have a two year old, who is perfect in every way, except one...he has an awful digestion system.  It seems like this has been going on for him since the moment he was born, poor guy.  I managed the first year and a half of life by nursing him.  He never had any trouble digesting my milk.  (And some days, I wish I could get my milk flowing again.)  After 18 months, his belly has been nothing but a problem for us all.  When the toddler is upset, even the neighbors can hear it...he screams bloody murder! So, for the past year, I have tried everything I could think of trying to get his system moving properly.   His doctor's orders, at first, were to add fiber and water to his diet.  Upon leaving the doctor's office, I felt confident.  I thought, "OK, I can do that!"  

Diaper Delivery Service Reviews (Diapers.com, Amazon Mom, and The Honest Company)

With the price of being a new parent rising, many moms are turning to diaper delivery service suppliers in order to get products. These services are intended to make Mom's life easier by providing her with everything she needs to manage baby. Three of the companies who provide this service are called Diaper.com, Amazon Mom, and Honest.com. This article features a review of each of these services and a summary that will help you decide which service best fits your needs. Each service was reviewed using Huggies Snug and Dry Size 3 Economy Case, including 222 diapers, and its equivalent (at the Honest Company). Diapers.com  Benefits A mother using Diapers.com will find an extensive collection of baby items available for reasonable prices.   A case of Huggies Snug and Dry Size 3 Economy Case, including 222 diapers, is $49.99.   Any order above $49 has free 2-Day shipping.  (There are NO EXCLUSIONS to this, which means stroller, dog food, deterg

The Dirty Little Secrets of Our Unemployment and the Road to Recovery

It was a rough couple of years, wasn't it.  My husband and I thought we were prepared, with three month's salary in the bank.  Ha!  Three months?  What about weathering unemployment for two years, due to the Great Recession?  Luckily, we were able to hold onto our house and cars, unlike so many others out there.  But, that came at a price.  We had to cash in one of our retirements, and I had to go back to work to support the family.  We traded paying childcare costs for having health insurance.  In addition to the monetary losses, the strain unemployment put on our relationship was intense.  But, after FIVE years, we are very slowly, moving to a better place in our lives. In 2009, my husband lost his secure, professional position that allowed me to work from home while caring for our first son.  While we were blessed with a supportive family and friends, the last five years have been incredibly difficult on my husband and I.  At first, we didn't believe that his losing